Level 2 Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering Award
The objective of the qualification is to support a role in the workplace. It is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of food allergens and foods commonly causing intolerance's, their characteristics and effects, the importance of effectively communicating information regarding allergenic ingredients to customers, and how staff can minimise the risk of cross-contamination from allergenic ingredients.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
This qualification has a recommended 4 hours guided learning and is usually achieved by taking a half-day classroom-based course.
Where can this course be taken?
This course can be taken at any one of our training centres.
We can come to you! Our trainers can deliver this course at your business premises please contact us for further details. *
How much does it cost?
The course costs £50.00 per learner, this includes the exam and certificate. Further discounts are available if ten or more places are purchased at the same time.
Is there any requirements for entry into this course?
There are no subject specific pre-requisites and the qualification is suitable for learners aged 14+. It is recommended that learners undertaking the qualification have a minimum of level 1 in English and maths or equivalent.
Aims of the course
This course is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of:
- Food allergens and food commonly causing intolerance's.
- Characteristics and effects of allergens.
- The importance of effectively communicating information regarding allergenic ingredients to customers.
- How Staff can minimise the risk of cross-contamination from allergenic ingredients.
How to book
Book online at the top of this page or if prefer an onsite course, please fill out our contact form.
Or alternatively you can contact us via phone 0800 689 3512 or email email@example.com.
* Within 40 mile radius of Dereham, Norfolk or Spalding, Lincolnshire. Additional mileage costs would be charged outside of this area.