Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering
The objective of the qualification is to support a role in the workplace. It is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of food allergens and foods commonly causing intolerance's, their characteristics and effects, the importance of effectively communicating information regarding allergenic ingredients to customers, and how staff can minimise the risk of cross-contamination from allergenic ingredients.
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
This qualification has a recommended 4 hours guided learning and is usually achieved by taking a half-day classroom-based course.
Where can this course be taken?
We can come to you! Our trainers can deliver this course at your business premises.
How much does it cost?
Costs include the exam and certificates. The cost is £50pp based on a minimum of 5 people. *
Is there any requirements for entry into this course?
There are no subject specific pre-requisites and the qualification is suitable for learners aged 14+. It is recommended that learners undertaking the qualification have a minimum of level 1 in English and maths or equivalent.
Aims of the course
This course is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of:
- Food allergens and food commonly causing intolerance's
- Characteristics and effects of allergens
- The importance of effectively communicating information regarding allergenic ingredients to customers
- How Staff can minimise the risk of cross-contamination from allergenic ingredients
* Within 40 mile radius of Dereham, Norfolk or Spalding, Lincolnshire. Additional mileage costs would be charged outside of this area.